You can join Friends at the Circulation Desk, Adult Services Desk, at a Friends meeting, or book sale.
Friends of Lansing Public Library Brochure & Application Revised April 2013
When you join Friends of Lansing Public Library your membership plays a valuable role in library service to the community. Members enjoy early admission to the Friends Book Sale, and the satisfaction of taking an active role in making Lansing a better place to live!
No time commitment is required for membership, but volunteers are needed
to make Friends of Lansing Public Library a success! Anyone can become a
member! (Lansing residency not required.) Individuals, families, local
businesses and corporations are all encouraged to join and make a
Friends of Lansing Public Library Meetings
at 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Community Room, every other month.
Check our upcoming Events for Book Sales, Meetings and events sponsored by Friends!
Book Sales are generally the 2nd Saturday of the month. 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Members only, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. General Public
What does the Friends group do?
Friends of Lansing Public Library is a non-profit organization that raises funds to provide Events, and purchase materials and equipment that is beyond the library budget.
Friends of Lansing Public Library shall:
- Promote interest in the use of the library's resources and services
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to benefit the library
- Sponsor special Events for the purpose of raising funds for equipment, books, and activities, which are beyond the tax-supported budget
- Visit our fundraising page for more info!
Friends Elections, Officers & Committees
All officers shall be elected at the April meeting for a term of (1) year.
They may be re-elected.
Elections will be for the following positions:
- President shall plan for and preside at meetings of Friends of Lansing Public Library. The President will also serve as the designated liaison with Lansing Public Library's Adult Services Department.
- Vice President shall assist the President in the duties.
- Secretary shall record the minutes of the meetings and present them at the next meeting.
- Treasurer shall give an account at each meeting of all funds collected and disbursed by Friends of Lansing Public Library and deposit such funds in the Friends of Lansing Public Library account to be established at a local bank.
Committees of volunteers will be formed for fundraising activities.
Donate Items for the Book Sale
Friends of Lansing Public Library accepts donations of used books, audio books, music and videos for their Book Sales.
We are unable to accept donations of:
- Reader's Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias over 5 years old
- Books with mold or mildew
We are unable to assign a value to your donation for tax purposes.
You may drop off your donation at either Circulation Desk, or bring them to the next book sale!