- Register in person or by phone at any staff desk.
- Workshop size is limited to 5 students.
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All topics are not offered each month, please take advantage when the topics are offered.
- Additional topics are offered as one-on-one sessions, inquire at the Information desk or BAV for help with eReaders, email, Genealogy, Internet, PowerPoint, Spreadsheets, Travel, and more!
- Check the Library Newsletter for hands-on classes and any additional technology-related workshops.
All classes will be taught on Windows 7 laptops.
The target audience for these classes are unemployed, underemployed, those changing careers, and college students of all ages who need to improve or expand their computer skills and learn how to better use technology to access library resources. Registration required.
All class topics will not be offered every month. Additional computer help is available one-on-one on a by-appointment basis. Please visit the Information desk for a personal introduction on a variety of topics!Lansing residents are encouraged to sign up for the session that best fits their schedule. Classes are limited to 5 Lansing card holders.
Click each title for details or to register.
Microsoft Office 2013 Special Features
- August 15: Microsoft Office: Across the Board--Features found in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- August 22: Microsoft Office: Working Together
Microsoft Office 2013 Introductions
- September 12: Introduction to Word 2013
- September 19: Introduction to PowerPoint
- September 26: Introduction to Excel
Microsoft Office 2013 Tips Series
- October 10: Microsoft Word 2013 Tips
- October 17: Microsoft Excel 2013 Tips
- October 24: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Tips
Did you know... you can practice your mouse and keyboard skills anytime on the library computers! Reserve a computer, then click on the icon on the desktop to get your started. Ask staff for help if you need it.
If you have access to a computer with Internet access, you can use the same practice tools for free from home!
Use the Tutorials button on the right, or visit http://www.lansingpl.org/skills.html to access the practice tools.
Check our newsletter for the current list of classes, dates and times.